I stole Three Things Thursday from Melissa Nibbles. She partakes in this every week and I always look forward to it. I often think of my own to write, but I'm usually too big of a wimp to actually post. But this week, I'm in the mood. In case you don't know, this is a list where I get to complain about the things that have been annoying me this week. So here we go.
1. "My thoughts and prayers are with you." Is this just something people say when they don't know what else to say? I guess I just 100% do not understand this line. To me, it's just words with no meaning. If you're going to go out of your way to write me a card or send an email during this difficult time, please come up with SOMETHING more meaningful to write.
(I know this makes me seem like an ungrateful bia@$#tch. But I'm grieving. And receiving notes with that phrase and nothing else makes me angry.)
2. FACEBOOK THINGS....
- Facebook and Pinterest. I am so happy that you FINALLY discovered the beauties of Pinterest my dear Facebook friends, BUT, you really need to uncheck the button that you share all your pins + who you're following on facebook. Because I DON'T CARE. And you're clogging my News Feed.
Here is a perfect example and just so happens to be at the top of my News Feed currently.
See that button in the lower corner when you repin? Uncheck it. Please.
You could also turn off linking to other outlets. It's annoying.
- Facebook and Babies. Yes, I know I'm pregnant and I should be all about pictures of 'friends' cute baby pictures all over facebook. But I'm not. I find it annoying and wish these people would start baby blogs instead of posting a million of the same iPhone pics to facebook. Use facebook for the good stuff; the pictures where your baby looks adorable and does something worth mentioning. Otherwise, you are just wasting my time. On the same note, when did all my 'friends' have babies? I wake up to a constant newsfeed of Mom's complaining about their babies lack of sleep, or gas issues, or a million other problems. Again, I wish the moms on fb would find a new outlet to relay this information on ... I don't know... a BABY forum or Twitter.
- Facebook and Food. Melissa touched on this on her post today and I couldn't agree more. Even more, I really can't stand when people take unattractive photos of their dinners and post it to facebook like it's the biggest thing they've ever done. Congratulations, I eat and make dinners every night too.
3. Commuters. I have two pretty big pet peeves that I talk about wayyy too much.
- First, as most of you know, I commute from the 'burbs into the city daily. I am part of that large crew of people that walk to and from South Station every day. I am not however, part of the idiot crew that like to follow each other across big intersections during rush hour traffic without paying attention. This drives me NUTS. You're leaving work and still have work to do, I get it. You're looking at your blackberry while walking, I get it. But then you cross the street even though the light is green because you saw another idiot doing the same? I don't get it. I witness people almost get hit by cars daily. And I have to ask - What's the rush? Is that extra 30 seconds really going to kill you? Well, it might.
- Second, I really, REALLY do not understand why people on the train feel the need to stand up and line up LONG before we reach our destination. This morning I was sitting in the first set of seats next to the door. I was getting off at the next stop. I was sitting on the outside. AKA, I have control. Person sitting next to me says "Excuse me" way before we get to the station. I kindly say, "I'm getting off here too and I'd like to wait for the train to stop." I know this bothers people but again, is it really necessary to stand in a line waiting to get off the train when I'm in the first seat? I mean when the train stops, I will get up and get off the train too. Plus the train never stops gracefully and people always go flying forward so I'd rather sit safely in my seat until it comes to a complete stop : )
Alright, you're turn. What's annoying you this week?